Friday, December 02, 2011

UPS wants me to hit deer

UPS is keeping my assumed-to-be-beloved new bike lights and me apart. Woe is me. Woe, I say. I would have used them tonight had they been waiting on my doorstep last night as promised offered up as the earliest delivery date and if I'd ridden to work. It was not the cold (although, it was a bracing 28F when I got up, which would have been my usual bike departure time) that caused me to drive today; nay, it was my poorly chosen dinner beverage of Vanilla Coke Zero that kept me from slumbering soundly into the wee hours just before Scott rose and my own alarm lit up the room.* I was simply too tired to buck up and power through. Ah well.

This weekend, though! This weekend I will light up the darkness and blaze through my neighborhood streets like a crazy blazy thing.

-------
*I have one of those sunrise alarm clock thingies. It's changed my life.

3 comments:

  1. Always exciting to get new tech for the bike! I am actually looking for my light (one I bought only 2 months ago)...it's missing! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I hope you're able to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your bike lights soon. It's a tough time of year to ride without them. Sadly, 28F sounds toasty to me at the moment, this morning it was negative 4F - yikes! And currently, we're back to about negative 2F. I can't complain too much though because generally speaking, our snow melts pretty quickly. Personally, I'd rather deal with the cold than the snow, but that's probably because I'm a complete klutz on anything slippery.

    ReplyDelete