Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hard core

I LOVED watching the cold front roll in today. The sky was turbulent as the weather changed abruptly and wind whipped through the trees and across the pond. I mentally kicked myself for not riding in today (yeah, I don't know why I didn't) because it would have been SO BADASS to race home in the wet and rain (yeah, I think I'm certifiable).

So, I drove home in horrific traffic, changed into several layers of workout clothes, and hit the trail with Rose. It was sprinkling a bit and the headwind was strong. I grinned from ear to ear and raced over Rte 28 to Pacific Blvd. I tootled around through the car dealerships and then headed back home where I discovered that my EPIC and HARD CORE bad weather ride was only four miles with an average of 10.5 mph.

I need to reset my definitions and expectations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment