Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Saturation

I believe that I have reached my personal saturation point for bicycle acquisition. The hubs and I stopped by REI last night and I didn't gaze longingly at the adorable Electras. I did give a sideways glance at a mixte-esque bike but then continued on to the accessories aisles for replacement gloves -- my original pair bit the dust during Sunday's ride, ouch -- and Smartwool ankle socks.

The other saturation I've noticed is how many cyclists have come out of the woodwork since the calendar officially proclaimed that it's spring. Some days have felt chillier than the weather we had this winter and yet there are still more cyclists out and about on the trails now. I'm seeing a LOT more cyclists on surface streets as well. I don't know if that's a function of being more cognizant of cyclists due to my own time in the saddle or if there really has been an explosion of folks eschewing their vehicles for bikes. I'm certainly more likely to spot bike racks than I was even six months ago.

2 comments:

  1. Each spring it seems more and more cyclists start coming out. I don't know if the number actually grows each year, but it seems so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! I haven't been cycling long enough to notice that phenomenon, but it's okay by me. The more the merrier and all that. :)

      Delete