Thursday, October 11, 2012

Brrr

My general feeling about October. Source.
I needed a scarf in addition to my thin wool gloves for this morning's commute. Egad, I love this time of year!

However, because I love to borrow trouble, I'm looking ahead to the dark, damp months and wonder how well Beatrix the C8 will handle slick roads. Her tires aren't nearly as narrow as the Dolce's, but are significantly thinner than the Ariel's. I feel more confident in the hybrid's handling of rough weather -- as if I ride that often in such conditions, but you never know -- than the upright's.

But the practice of that particular theory is at least two months away (unless we get another freak Hallowsleet this year). In the meantime, I look forward to fall's riot of color and chilly mornings. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. There certainly are some great Autumn colours around at the moment....great time of year to be out on the bike...

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Autumn's natural fireworks make me especially giddy.

      Delete