Monday, July 11, 2011

Bike bike bike bike!



Meet Rose. She's my Specialized Ariel which I purchased at the Ashburn Spokes, Etc. I'd taken a test ride on a medium in June and decided to try out the large on Sunday. The large size bike didn't ride just as well; it rode better. I could extend my legs and generate a lot of power. I decided to plunk down a wad of cash on her, a kickstand, and a spare tube. Scott and I spent the afternoon attaching the rear rack, bell, bottle cage, pump (all me) and front basket (Scott). When we got her all tricked out, I talked Scott into riding up to the grocery store with me for a much needed replenishment of the fridge and a test ride. OMG. Rose is the day to my Schwinn's night. I cruised up hills without a second thought or much effort, which is good since I still have a cough. The trip back home was even more surprising. I struggle up Greenthorn and am usually panting by Sherwood. On Rose, I not only biked easily up the hill, I gained speed riding uphill. I cannot wait to ride her to work (see: cough).

Scott's so envious and is plotting his own bike upgrade. He complained, good-naturedly, about my kicking his @ss the whole trip. Heehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment