Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Almost back in the saddle

I FINALLY heard back from the nurse practitioner -- after multiple messages over three days -- and the x-rays showed no fractures. Dull surprise. She wants me to wear "post-op" shoes for two weeks, but seeing as how I've been hobbling around in flip flops for the past week I'm not going to worry about that. Speaking of shoes... I'm wearing actual, honest-to-goodness shoes today. Granted I had to take out the space-filling insert to fit my still swollen instep, but I'm not in flip flops. Whoo hoo! I'll be tottering around in my platforms before you know it.

This progress means I may actually ride to work tomorrow, weather permitting. I am unbelievably excited by this prospect. I had no idea how much I'd miss saddle time.

Next week I'll be in the outskirts of Columbus, OH -- Hilliard and Dublin, to be exact -- for vendor training with my work team. Since I'm all by my lonesome in the cube farm (the boss and two team members are in Ohio, one guy is in Texas, and I'm in Virginia), I'm super excited about being with the team for more than an afternoon (I visit the Hilliard office during my yearly week & a half camping trip in NW Pennsylvania) and meeting the Texas guy. My boss offered to lend me his daughter's bike while I'm in town, but might be rescinding that offer based on my crash record.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to know that nothing is fractured or broken. It seems like there are times when it's almost worse when nothing breaks, but I hope that isn't the case for you and you'll be back to cycling very soon.

    Sending healing thoughts your way and hoping for your speedy recovery.

    Have fun in Ohio, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like there are times when it's almost worse when nothing breaks...

      No kidding! Sprains and twists have always felt worse than breaks.

      Delete
  2. Take it easy and don't overdo it! (I'm the wost at that.) Isn't it funny how eager we are to get back on the thing that caused us the injury in the first place? Biking is fun, even when it hurts!

    Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie!

      Yeah... I chickened out of riding today. Tomorrow, though, is another day. :)

      Delete