Saturday, June 30, 2012

On the road

Scott and I are mostly out of pocket this week while visiting family and friends down south. We're spending the first half of the week in Memphis and the second half in NW Alabama. We are taking our bikes and looking forward to, weather permitting, exploring the Greater Memphis Greenline which includes the Wolf River Greenway -- which is fairly close to Mom's neighborhood -- and the Shelby Farms Greenline. Ultimately, I'd love to ride from Mom's house in Germantown to my sister's house near the Cooper-Young district. I don't know if that'll happen this trip since we're looking at this for the next five days.

Ouch.
The second half of the week will be spent at my folks' vacation home on Pickwick Lake in NW Alabama. It's close-ish to the Natchez Trace Parkway which is apparently a "designated bicycle route", whatever that means. I've never been on the Natchez Trace, even in a car, so this will be a new adventure. I do hope we'll be able to drag ourselves from the lake and/or terrace hammocks for a ride. Since it's supposed to be in the lower 90s -- whoo hoo, break out the fuzzy wool and flannel! -- during the second half of the week, we may actually hit the road. I hope to have lots of photos when I return. Scott may even provide some GoPro video as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment