Friday, June 01, 2012

The big day

Sunday is the big day. It's the National Capital Area's Tour de Cure in support of the American Diabetes Association. At this point, I am riding the half century (+4 miles) plus an additional ten or so miles from my house to the start/finish and back home which will equal a metric century. It'll be the farthest distance I've ridden even if I'm able to do only the "official" route. I'm nervous about this -- dull surprise -- but I will ride with the knowledge that the donors to my fundraising efforts and the people for whom I riding in memory of and in honor of will be with me in spirit.


I made these tags to attach to my bike as a visual reminder of those who live and have lived with diabetes. If you donated and wish for me to include the name(s) of someone(s) special, please let me know in the comments or by email (melaniesuzanne AT gmail DOT com).

THANK YOU to everyone who has donated and/or cheered me on. You are all fantastic people and my life (and the lives of those who will be helped by the ADA) are better for knowing you.

9 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Go Melanie! Go Melanie!! <--I'm doing my best cheerleader dance right now - thankfully, you don't have to see it. :O)

    You can definitely do it. Pace yourself and just enjoy it as much as possible. Can't wait to read all about the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks hon. :) I appreciate your support so very, very much. :)

      Delete
  2. Work fast, change speeds, throw strikes. Oops! that's advice for how to pitch in the big leagues. Try this: Ride easy, eat and drink lots, have fun. That's better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Thanks. :) I appreciate your support as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a perfectly beautiful day for a bike tour. :)

      Delete
  4. Ride at your own pace and enjoy yourself!! Looking forward to your post about the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a first class reason to go ride your bike.....I look forward to reading all about your ride..

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete